Wednesday 6 August 2014

Jack Rodwell: Man City midfielder completes Sunderland move

_76738689_rodwell2_getty

Sunderland have signed Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell on a five-year deal.


The England international, 23, has joined the club for an undisclosed fee, thought to be in the region of £10m.


"Regular football is the most important thing for me," Rodwell told Sunderland's website. "This is a great place for me to be."


Rodwell joined City from Everton for £12m in 2012 but played only 26 times for the club, scoring twice.


The player struggled with a hamstring injury before falling behind other midfielders in the pecking order.



Rodwell admitted that his international aspirations played a part in his decision.


"Watching the World Cup left a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth," he said. "I was supporting the team 100%, but I also wanted to be there so I think it's time I put that right.


"Without doubt the last couple of seasons I have not played nearly enough football as I have wanted to play."


Rodwell is the second high-profile Englishman to leave Etihad Stadium this summer after Gareth Barry signed for Everton.


Having failed Uefa's Financial Fair Play rules last season, City must name at least five home-grown players in their 21-man Champions League squad this season.


Frank Lampard will join them on loan for six months from New York City FC.




http://www.information.myanmaronlinecentre.com/jack-rodwell-man-city-midfielder-completes-sunderland-move/

No comments:

Post a Comment